Overhauling and repair services on board or in our engineering workshop can be provided by our turbocharger specialized engineers that are trained by manufacturer factories to offer highly reliable and quality services meeting the requirements of even the tightest schedules of the container ships.
During the overhauling, the following takes place:
- Disassembling of the turbocharger.
- Cleaning of all the disassembled parts.
- Inspection and measurements according to the standards of the manufacturer.
- Ultrasonic test of the gas inlet and gas outlet casings, which can be performed, if our technicians have the relevant equipment.
- Penetrant testing (die check) for cracks on nozzle ring turbine blades and compressor wheel. After the agreement with the customer.
- Mounting of turbocharger parts, replacement of the necessary spare parts of the overhauling kit.
- Measurement and checking of the clearances, according to the specifications of the manufacturer, and recording of these.
- Final mounting.
- Sea trials based on the manufacturer sea trial datasheet and comparison.
- Measurement and evaluation of the vibration state after customer inquiry agreement.
- With the end of all works, the following reports are delivered, depending on the works that have been carried out:
- Overhauling report
- Dynamic balancing report
- Ultrasonic test report
- Die checking report
- Vibration analysis report